Prospective PhD (and MSc) Students
Topics. New concepts, theory,
simulations or experiments about various applications of
fluctuations and noise, including:
- Various aspects of unconditionally secure data communications,
- Various aspects of noise-based logic and computing schemes,
Requirements for PhD include (in
addition to the successful course work and passing the qualifier
- Fluctuation-enhanced sensing, (chemical and/or biological);
- Publishing 4 first-author, peer
reviewed, journal papers (or 3 journal + 2 conference papers);
(MSc: 1 paper)
- Successful thesis writing and defense.
Duration statistics: with research
starting after course work and qualifier are completed,
the last three
PhD students (period of 2013-2016) defended within 2-3 years of
starting the research.
(Note, this speed assumes high motivation with focused, efficient
research and writing).